MCM House outdoor fabrics are specially treated to withstand a wide range of weather conditions. To ensure good times and good looks for your outdoor furniture, we recommend:
- Regularly brushing lightly with a dry, soft bristle brush. The aim being to dust off dirt before it can become embedded in the fabric.
- For everyday stains, brush off dirt and wash with mild soap and lukewarm water solution, no more than 30°c. Use a sponge or soft bristle brush to clean where needed. Rinse thoroughly to remove soap and allow to air dry.
- Avoid letting water sit for prolonged periods of time on the fabric, as this can lead to staining or discolouration. Tip cushions on their sides with the zipper facing down and unzipped to ensure that all water drains out.
- Store cushions in a cool, dry place when they are not in use for prolonged periods of time.
- For longevity of your product do not leave upholstered furniture uncovered in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Note, we don't recommend using a washing machine, or a dry cleaner. Do not tumble dry.
- Brush off dirt and debris and wipe with a damp cloth
- If cleaning is required use a mild soap
- Regular cleaning will minimise the chance of mould growth.
- Never cover with plastic or PVC. The timber must be able to breathe, otherwise mildew will grow
- Clean up stains and spills immediately.
Left to age naturally outside, the Old Elm colour will gradually change to a soft, silver-grey as the pigments in the wood surface begin to age. This process depends on the degree of sunlight and rain exposure.