Concrete is a natural, organic and porous material that needs to be cared for.
- Remove any spills immediately with a damp cloth.
- Avoid cleaning with abrasive or harsh chemical cleaners or with anything abrasive. Do not scrub.
- If used outdoors, do not leave anything upon the surface for an extended period of time.
- Do not use high pressure hoses to clean.
- It is suggested rotating your objects occasionally if exposed to direct sunlight.
- Do not drag a concrete table, drummer or bench to a new position. This will cause irreparable damage.
- Consider the weight and size of dining tables and that these should be moved with the help of 3-4 people.
- Dune pieces will elegantly mature and patina over time, if left outside it is recommended to cover from the elements for longevity.
Cracks and chips along the edges -
Concrete is not immune to small chips and breakages particularly on exposed edges, if impacted with hard objects. Avoid high impact knocks especially along the edges. They are durable and strong but will give way if compressed, wedged or crushed.